the course is six weeks of evening classes and two field trips. several of the things i learned included:
- the whole stop points for both aperture and shutter speed adjustments
- how to shoot with shallow depth of field
- what to look for when buying a flash and a tripod
- setting a custom white balance, how to use accessories like extension tubes
- the concepts of composition
the timing of the class was perfect too. fall colors were in full effect for our second field trip.
i’ve been practicing the techniques taught for photographing family events. i believe i’m going to be carrying my camera around more to social gatherings.
i would recommend this class for anyone who has recently purchased their first dslr. it would be great to start with practicing good habits from the start. there are so many places i would love to take over knowing what i know now.
these are some of the photos i took and submitted for the class:
ut photography class, a set on flickr
i plan to add to this set with other photos as i go through them.