the recipe can be found many places online. it’s very simple.
1 pound of bacon
1 pound of brown sugar (a regular box or bag will be enough)
1 pound of confectionery sugar (again a regular box or bag will be enough)
- preheat oven to 350°f
- on a cookie pan with edges, spread aluminum foil down to cover including the inside edges (to make clean up easier)
- spread brown sugar on the foil
- lay the bacon strips out the full length of the pan, overlapping them just barely
- spread another handful or two of thr brown sugar on top of the bacon
- cook in oven for about 40 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 15 to 20 minutes on the other side
spread out wax paper on a flat surface and sprinkle some of the confectionery sugar on the paper. then lay the bacon strips freshly out of the oven on the sugar. this will keep it from sticking to the wax paper and give it a wintry look, candy look.
let it cool for about 30 minutes and then serve or refrigerate for storing.